“The Magic of Christmas”, a fundraising campaign operated by Giving Media CLG, a not-for-profit initiaitve, on behalf of the charity partners, is responsible for your personal data collected on this website and any contact that you have with us through any means.
- What personal data we collect and when and why we use it.
- Who we are
- the types of personal data
- how we use personal data
- When we collect your personal data
- the legal basis for using personal data
- How long we keep it
- How we handle financial/payment data
- How we store or transfer personal data outside of the EU/EEA
- Legal rights available to help manage your personal data
- How you can contact us for more support
- How we share personal data with our service providers, regulators and other third parties
- How we use your data online: cookies, social media, profiling and direct marketing
Who we are
Giving Media CLG is a company limited by guarantee, with a registered office at Leo Suite, Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, Fonthill Road, Liffey Valley, Dublin 22, D22 X4W6, Ireland
You can contact us directly at the above address by post.
The types of Personal Data that we collect
We collect the Following types of personal data:
- Your name
- Your business or home address including Eircode
- Your e-mail address
- Your contact telephone number
- Your mobile phone number
- Financial information specifically credit/card information
- IP address
When we collect your Personal Data
We collect your personal data when you interact with our website, email us, make a donation, interact with us on social media.
We also collect and store personal data in order to respond to your general enquiry or process your donation or when you sign-up to receive marketing communications from us.
The personal data we collect from you will be used for the following purposes:
- Processing your donation/payment via our website
- Analysis of visitor traffic to and usage of our website
- Marketing or commercial purposes(with your consent)
- Contacting you in relation to your general enquiry
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Consent expressed when completing and sending an enquiry form
- Performance of a contract when making a donation
- Consent indicated when signing up for marketing communications
- Legitimate interest for website traffic analysis
How we handle your payment and financial data
If you make a donation or the website you will be asked to provide your credit/debit card number, we do not receive or store these details, they are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL Software”) and are transmitted directly to our payment provider: Stripe Payment Services Europe.
We do receive personal data about you related to your donation and a record associated with your donation is created and stored which includes the date, time, amount of the donation and your contact details.
How we store or transfer personal data outside of the EU/EEA
As a general rule, the data that we process about You will be stored and processed within the European Union (EU)/European Economic Area (EEA) or any other non-EEA country deemed by the European Commission to offer an adequate level of protection (the so-called ‘white-listed’ countries listed here).
In some cases, it may be necessary for us to transfer Your Personal Data to a non-EEA country not considered by the European Commission to offer an adequate level of protection.
In such cases, apart from all appropriate safeguards that we implement, in any case, to protect your Personal Data, We have put in place additional adequate measures. For example, we have ensured that the recipient is bound by the EU Standard Contractual Clauses (the EU Model Clauses) designed to protect Your Personal Data as though it were an intra-EEA transfer.
Who we share your data with
We will only use your information within ‘Magic of Christmas’ for the purposes for which it was obtained. We will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes and you will not receive offers from other companies or organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
We have appropriate contracts in place with our third party providers to ensure that they will only act under our instruction and keep your data secure.
The following are the organisations that we may share your personal data with
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- with government organisations and agencies, law enforcement, regulators to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies;
- Other companies and organisations with whom we exchange data for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- we may share in aggregate, statistical form, non-personal data regarding the visitors to our website, traffic patterns, and website usage with our partners or advertisers.
We use RadioHub to manage our website and business operations.
Hosting for Website:
Donation (Payments) Processing:
How long we retain your data
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, for example we will keep a record of donations for at least seven years.
If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
Where you contribute material to us, e.g., user generated content or in response to a particular campaign we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted unless otherwise stated at the point of generation.
What rights you have over your data
At any point while we are in possession of or are processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Contact Us email address
You can exercise your rights by contacting us. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this privacy notice, the information we hold about you or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and make every reasonable effort to honour your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and in any event, within the timescales provided by data protection laws.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e. your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) which in Ireland is the Data Protection Commission, at any time. https://www.dataprotection.ie/
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first before contacting a supervisory authority.
Giving Media CLG
c/o Leo Suite
Clayton Hotel Liffey Value
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.